Black Hat USA 2014 – Las Vegas, NV – August 05, 2014 – PhishMe® Inc., the leading provider of threat management for organizations concerned about human susceptibility to advanced targeted attacks, today announced record growth for the first half of 2014, with strong bookings growth of over 95 percent for the same period a year ago, in 2013. PhishMe has also experienced healthy demand from enterprises with one-third of the Fortune 100 now adopting PhishMe’s solutions.
“The demand for our innovative phishing simulation platform and detection technology is on the rise. We’re seeing strong adoption from larger enterprises with sophisticated risk management teams who understand the need for a focused approach to cultivate human sensors as they relate to the most relevant threats of targeted phishing and malware,” said Rohyt Belani, CEO of PhishMe. “We’re pleased to report that 2014 has been a great year so far, as we’ve made substantial updates to our offerings and continue to experience significant year over year growth.”
Recent research points to the fact that spear phishing and malware continue to be the primary cyber threat to organizations across the globe. Symantec’s recently released 2014 Internet Security Threat Report shows a 91 percent increase in spear phishing attacks from 2012 to 2013. For government offices and those in finance or real estate, the rate was even higher. Phishers have an 80 percent success rate (at least one targeted victim clicks the malicious link) when they send a campaign twice, according to Verizon’s 2014 Data Breach Investigations Report.
In our effort to stay on the leading edge with relevant content and advanced capabilities, PhishMe recently rolled out new product enhancements which include:
- Intelligent Services – Localized scenario delivery by time zone, premium threat intelligence-based scenario templates in partnership with industry leaders in threat intelligence;
- Enhanced Analytics – Scenario reporting with the ability to filter results based on a multitude of criteria like department and geography. This is especially useful for our large, geographically dispersed multi-national customers;
- Expansive Content – PhishMe has added new education categories, such as Infographics, to expand the PhishMe simulation library to more than 50 categories;
- Benchmarking by Industry – Our patented benchmarking was augmented to allow customers to benchmark themselves against peers in their specific industry, as well as other PhishMe customers;
- Additional Reporter Support – PhishMe Reporter™ now supports Gmail, Lotus Notes, and Outlook email clients;
- Mobile Double Barrel – SMS capability added to PhishMe’s Double Barrel scenarios as an optional lure vector allowing customers to mimic another advanced threat actor tactic; and
- Multi-factor authentication – A new feature that allows customers to add an additional layer of security to PhishMe operator authentication.
“PhishMe is committed to continuously evolving our simulation, reporting, and analytics offerings to help our customers minimize the impact of targeted phishing and malware. We are dedicated to reducing employee susceptibility and extracting the most from user-generated intelligence to optimize organizations’ detection capabilities.” added Belani.
PhishMe will be present at Black Hat USA 2014 in Las Vegas this week. Please stop by booth #146 to meet the team and gain a better understanding on how organizations can use simulated email attacks to change their users’ security behavior against the most prominent cyber attack vector: spear-phishing.
PhishMe® is the leading provider of threat management for organizations concerned about human susceptibility to advanced targeted attacks. PhishMe’s intelligence-driven platform turns employees into an active line of defense by enabling them to identify, report, and mitigate spear phishing, malware, and drive-by threats. Our open approach ensures that PhishMe integrates easily into the security technology stack, demonstrating measurable results to help inform an organization’s security decision making process. PhishMe’s customers include the defense industrial base, energy, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing industries, as well as other Global 1000 entities that understand changing user security behavior will improve security, aid incident response, and reduce the risk of compromise. For additional information, please visit: cofense.com.