Did you know small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are the target of almost half of all cyber-attacks? Considering that on average, a breach takes 207 days to identify and contain, and costs $3 million per incident, most SMBs do not have the time or money to deal with such a catastrophic event. In fact, 60% of those businesses that fall victim to a breach will go out of business within 6 months.
Due to limited security resources relative to their larger counterparts, many SMBs rely solely on their legacy email security solution as their only protection. But an alarmingly high number of malicious emails bypass “secure” email gateways (SEGs) each day. In fact, 50% of all email phishing attacks, including Business Email Compromise (BEC) and credential theft, evade SEGs.
So how can SMBs uplevel their email security while staying within their budgetary restrictions?
They have to utilize crowdsourced intelligence, and here’s why:
- Enhanced Threat Detection: By incorporating crowdsourced intelligence into their email security measures, SMBs can tap into a vast network of users who can help detect and flag suspicious emails and attachments before they cause harm. This gives these businesses an added layer of protection against sophisticated cyber threats that may otherwise go undetected.
- Cost-Effective: Crowdsourced intelligence email security solutions are often more cost-effective than traditional security measures. This is because SMBs can access a large pool of security analysts from larger organizations who might have more time and resources to fight threats they can’t. This can be particularly beneficial for businesses that don’t have the financial resources to invest in enterprise-level security solutions.
- Faster Response Times: When it comes to email security, time is of the essence. The faster a business can detect and respond to a threat, the less damage it will cause. Utilizing crowdsourced intelligence allows SMBs to receive real-time alerts and threat intelligence from a community of experts, enabling them to respond quickly and effectively to potential security incidents.
What does this look like in practice?
Cofense understands the unique challenges faced by SMBs. That’s exactly why we developed Cofense Protect+, a comprehensive, fully integrated email security solution that combines email threat protection, which utilizes our unique crowdsourced intelligence, with Security Awareness Training (SAT) designed to protect against ever-evolving cyber threats.
Powered by our global intelligence network of 35M+ human reporters, as well as unique proprietary data sources, onboarding is completed in just a few clicks which allows you to immediately start removing confirmed and detected threats from users’ inboxes.
Designed specifically for mid-market organizations, here are a few more ways Protect+ helps protect your most-critical assets:
- Protect+ is a fully automated, low-touch solution which allows for rapid deployment and a “set-it-and-forget-it” environment.
- Protect+ uses Cofense’s crowdsourced intelligence and inspects emails, landing pages, and attachments in real-time to make instantaneous decisions as to whether emails are malicious.
- Email attacks are detected upon arrival and are automatically moved away from the user’s inbox.
- Our consolidated, easy-to-use dashboards provide data on two key areas with the ability to drill down to more granular individual user information, if needed.
- Easy access to Recipient Management allows customers to enable and disable all services from one screen, further simplifying the management of this solution.
When it comes to cybersecurity, there is no room for complacency—you must bolster your defenses with a combination of email threat protection, crowdsourced human intelligence, and security awareness training. Cofense Protect+ makes it easy, combining all three is one ready-to-deploy solution – enabling you to free up time and resources to focus on your bottom line.
Learn more about how Cofense Protect+ can help secure your organization.